- Preheat the oven to 180°C / Gas Mark 4.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onions for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and continue to cook for another minute.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, herbs, and vegetable stock and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the Quorn Swedish-style Balls and simmer gently for a further 5 minutes. Check seasoning.
- Meanwhile, make the béchamel sauce; melt the butter in a pan and then stir in the plain flour. Cook, while stirring for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and gradually add the milk, stirring well after each addition. Return the pan to the heat and cook gently, stirring continuously until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- Spread one third of the Quorn Swedish-style Ball mixture across the base of a large shallow dish. Arrange 5 lasagne sheets over the top and spread one third of the béchamel sauce over the lasagne. Repeat twice more, finishing with a layer of béchamel sauce.
- Sprinkle the grated cheddar cheese over the top of the dish.
- Bake the lasagne in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes until golden and core temperature is reached.
Tip - try using Quorn Mince instead of the Quorn Swedish-style Balls for a more traditional lasagne.