- Preheat the oven to 200C / Gas Mark 6.
- Lay out the pastry and cut 8 equal strips, approximately 1.5cm wide, from the shorter edge of the rectangle.
- Wind one pastry strip around each sausage to produce a spiral effect and place onto a greased baking tray. Repeat with remaining sausages.
- Brush each sausage spiral with beaten egg and bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown.
- Delicious served hot or cold.
Tip – for a buffet idea cut each sausage into thirds once cooked and skewer with a cocktail stick.