- Heat the oil in a pan and gently cook the onions for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and grated carrot and continue to cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Stir in the Quorn Mince, tomato purée, vegetarian Worcestershire sauce, vegetable stock and mixed herbs. Cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6.
- Roll out the pastry thinly on a floured surface and cut out ten circles to line a muffin tin, large enough so that the pastry overhangs the holes in the tin, as the pastry will shrink during cooking.
- Re-roll the pastry and cut ten smaller lids to fit the top of the pies. Again, cut these larger than the holes in the tin.
- Fill the pastry cases with the Quorn Mince mixture, pressing it down firmly.
- Brush the rim of the pastry cases with water and put the lids on top. Crimp firmly around the edges to seal. Neaten up the edges with a round cutter if necessary.
- Brush the top of the pies with beaten egg and bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until the pastry is cooked through and golden.
Tip - this recipe can also be made as one large pie, served with vegetarian gravy.